View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 06:57 PM   #77
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Default Re: How Long Was Bruce Wayne Actually Batman in this Trilogy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLightning View Post
Well, since we are definitely not getting a sequel (aside from the film labeled "The legend ends" on the promo material), arguing this is probably useless.

Quote:
I would lie if I didn't imagine Nolan versions of the Riddler and Mr. Freeze. But the more I think about it, the more I find it pointless. It's fun to imagine that though, the best version I found are the Jakinj comics.
I am exactly the opposite (clearly). I think it was unnecessary to make it so Batman had retired for years and done nothing. It kinda ruined a part of the film for me. The entire running of the city for nearly a decade had been based on elevating a murderer to icon status and creating laws under false pretences, then it's all sorta washed away. Plus, Bruce never took the hunting and all of the stuff he was promised at the end of The Dark Knight.

The more I think about it, the more I find myself disliking parts of The Dark Knight Rises.

Quote:
Yeah, mine too. It's a tough one between Bruce Timm's take and Nolan's.
I love Timm's too, and for a shared universe, it takes the #1 spot, but would it have killed him to include Jason (properly)?

Quote:
Well, I'm from Mexico, and I got those shows until they were dubbed to my language, not by a very large time span. They were quite popular, at least I remember watching Batman TAS, Superman TAS, and Justice League on my language. I'd say it's a safe bet to say that at least they are easily recognizable, perhaps Scarecrow more than Ra's.
Hm. Must have just missed a generation in the UK then. My parents grew up on West, my siblings on Keaton/Kilmer, myself on Clooney/Timm.

Llama_Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote