View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 07:47 PM   #80
BlueLightning
Caballero de la Luz

Default Re: How Long Was Bruce Wayne Actually Batman in this Trilogy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
I just don't see why he had to make it so The Dark Knight was the last time Bruce was Batman. If Robin just said, "8 years ago, the night Dent died, the night Batman started to disappear". Then bam! I could put whatever I wanted there, I have a universe filled with villains. For those who don't want that, it just shows how desperate he was to wear the cowl.
There are logical reasons within the films for that, as I have explained before. But from the point of view of the writers, it's to make the themes to work better. Like Nolan said in an interview, the sacrifice that Batman makes at the end of TDK has to count, something good has to come out of it. Building this "peace" has to take time, and this time is used to show us how it affected Bruce, Gordon, and Gotham itself. Also, it serves to make Batman a more mythic figure.

But hey, just for the sake of imagination, Blake says "confirmed sightings", and Batman is the master of the vanishing act, so there's that. You can still imagine that there are "unofficial" unreported encounters with the police for a while. There is this character "Veteran Cop" in Rises who seems to see Batman in a good light, also the orphans still see Batman as a heroic figure despite all. So that's that.

Quote:
Same. But in hindsight I just can't help but think how awesome it would have been to see him.
Something that bothers me about the DCAU in respect to Batman is the Bat-embargo and how it affected the use of certain characters in the later seasons of JLU. I guess we can't have it all.

Quote:
I don't know why but seeing Batman Returns as a child ruined it for me. I still don't like it, but at least for better reasons.
I see what you mean, I love Returns, but the interpretation of Batman is not my cup of tea. Also, the Penguin scared the hell out of my younger brother when he was younger (more younger).

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy's shoulders to let him know that the world hadn't ended.

BlueLightning is online now   Reply With Quote