View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 11:28 PM   #11
ironman29758
Side-Kick

Default Re: 11.4 - Effigy - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Superman View Post
Yay Alfred.
I knew Alfred was going to appear sooner or later and also a Clayface/Matt Hagen(one of my favorite Clayface along with Basil Karlo, Preston Payne and Ethan Bennett) mention to(not exactly the Clayface/Basil Karlo and Alfred I was going for exactly but beggars can't be choosers) and I like how BQM is creating the Smallville Batman universe from mentions like Joker, Penguin, Killer Croc and Clayface to showing characters such as Joe Chill,
Mr.Freeze, the Mutant gang, and Alfred to even connecting Batman's universe which seems like a mix between DCAU Batman, Nolan Batman, The Batman cartoon, the Burton Batman movie and the comic Batman with the Smallville universe(connecting Thomas Wayne with Veritas, tying Joe Chill and Mr.Freeze with Smallville Intergang, the way Bruce found out about why Superman an alien and his weakness, etc) and making it unique like making Barbara Nightwing, Batman wearing makeup similar to Navy SEALS, etc)

Also about time we got to see the Watchtower Moon Base/Space Station ever since the mention in Salvation and the series finale. I feel the Base will be completed around the season finale(I also feel the Watchtower/Hall of Justice might be destroyed but I hope/feel not)

Plus Axel Gimenez got the Phil Morris likeness down pat and BQM got his personality to a tee it felt like Phil was Martian Manhunter again. We even got to see him in Martian Mode and he looks like the Martian Manhunter in the Smallville Legends: Justice and Doom comic/cartoon(on You Tube) as well as the Martian Manhunter from the OYL-Final Crisis and the Young Justice cartoon and Justice League:Crisis on Two Earths and Justice League: Doom) only without the blue cape(kind of hoped we would since that is J'onn's most distinguishable part and hopes we will see it the next time he returns.

It always fun to see Batman and J'onn's team ups-weather from the comics to the Justice League/JLU cartoon to The Batman to Batman:Brave and the Bold and now the Smallville universe.

This is a 5/5 and a great tie in to Haunted. Can't wait for the next issue of Haunted and Effigy.

"Nazi zombies don’t wanna eat you just ‘cause they’re craving the protein. They do it ‘cause…they do it ‘cause they hate Americans, man. Talibans. They’re the Talibans of the zombie world." thanks TheNextNolan22 for reminding me how awesome Badger is
ironman29758 is offline   Reply With Quote