View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 02:53 AM   #262
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Default Re: Ultimate One Universe RPG: IC Thread

Krakoa Island

Jean listened to him drone on. That's all this man did. The Admiral, as the other soldiers called him, quoted the bible more than Jean's own bible-thumping mother. The same mother that had tried to have her exorcised when her mutant powers manifested. Jean had never been big on religion, and that little incident had taken away what ever initial enthusiasm she had to start with. If this Admiral was trying to turn her, he was doing a bad job of it.

"Look what I have here," he said to her as he paced in front of her cell. "This is a paper written by your false idol, Charles Xavier. It was written just a few years before he met you. Here are some excerpts. 'The mutant race should not feel bad about any dislike of homo sapien. It is natural that their inferior nature would make them less likeable. The same way a human views a cockroach, it is not their fault that they are on such an unequal footing.'

"No," she said. "That's not what he believes in."

"'If humanity attempts to harm mutantkind in anyway, they should be wiped off the planet. We must resist the urge to feel bad about doing so. It is just the course of nature, and homo superior is just an agent of that change.'"

"Stop," she said. "Stop reading those lies."

"'Humans have had their time, it is our time. We should not take it as our responsibility to shield humanity from the truth: We are better than they are.'"

"Shut up!" Jean screamed. "STOP LYING!"

"Here!" The Admiral said, shoving the paper through the cell bars. "Read it yourself. It's in his own handwriting."

Jean picked it up and scanned the paper. She recognized the loops and curves of the writing as that of the Professor's.

"You just forged it."

"No. The fact of the matter, Miss Grey, is that your precious Professor has been lying to you. He's not using you to protect humanity, he's using it to further his agenda. The agenda he and Erik Lensherr decided on all those years ago. Magneto has the Brotherhood, and Xavier these X-Men. Two armies to conquer the world."

"No, we fought Magneto. The Professor crippled him."

"Oh, they had some type of... lover's quarrel. Of that, there's no doubt. But the subject matter wasn't about philosophy. It was about power. Xavier could have no man greater than himself, and Magneto could have no man as his equal. It was about ego, Miss Grey. It was about who would rule the world. Your Moses is nothing more than a Nebuchadnezzar, a crazed megalomaniac."

"If I had my powers," she said calmly to the Admiral. "I would probably rip your head off right now."

"You're coming around, I see. Now, here's another letter he wrote. It's about proof positive that us inferior homo sapiens don't feel pain the same way you people do, so mutants shouldn't worry about putting us down. Now, I quote..."

70,000 Feet Over
The Pacific Ocean

The Blackbird cruised high above the ground, speeding through the clouds at Mach 3. In the pilot seat, Storm flew with the calm and ease of a veteran pilot. While it was really her time flying the supersonic stealth jet, she had piloted it hundreds of times in the psychic simulations her and the rest of the team had done. Charles sat in the co-pilot chair, watching the woman and checking their progress.

"Set it to autopilot," he told her. "It's time for us to talk."

Storm acknowledge his command and walked with him from the plane's cockpit. Right behind them, the rest of the team were sitting strapped in. While most of them looked calm, Charles could sense their nervousness under the surface. Even the experienced Logan had his concerns.

"In ten minutes, we'll be arriving inside Krakoa airspace," he said. "Once we reach it, I will assume command of the Blackbird while Storm uses her powers to create a cover for us to slip on to the island. We'll land and Logan will lead you across the island. He's been here once before, so he should have a general outline of the island. Now, there is psychic shielding set up on the island. I will be of very little use unless you manage to cancel the shields out. But that is secondary to finding and recovering the original team of X-Men. They are your primary objective, second only to finding out what the government wants with mutants."

Charles nodded towards Logan's direction.

"Thanks to the intelligence Logan took from Alcatraz, we have a good idea of what to expect. A weaponized serum that will cancel your mutant powers, soldiers genetically altered to fight on the same level as mutants, and potentially brainwashed mutants. That is just some of the dangers you will face out there. As I said earlier, this will not be easy, but I did not expect it to be. Logan, if you have any last minutes words of advice you want to share, go ahead and do that while I prepare to take control of the Blackbird."