View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 02:57 PM   #89
BlueLightning
Caballero de la Luz

Default Re: How Long Was Bruce Wayne Actually Batman in this Trilogy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
They never made it official that there was 3 months between Begins and TDK...
According to my calculations, taking into acount the Gotham Tonight episodes, 10 months and one week passed between the two films.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicStalker View Post
I didnt like the 8 year gap either. It could have been 2-3 years and worked just as well. Or even 3-4 years. But 8? Thats too long.
Also why didnt we get an explaination as to when or why the new Batcave was built. The Batcave even being there finished doesnt make much sense if he stopped being Batman right after TDK.
You could say that it was finished right at the end of TDK and then he didnt really get the chance to use it because of the 8 year gap. But thats only because thats what Nolan and Goyer wanted. They picked the 8 year gap.
In my opinion as I said before:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLightning
There are logical reasons within the films for that, as I have explained before. But from the point of view of the writers, it's to make the themes to work better. Like Nolan said in an interview, the sacrifice that Batman makes at the end of TDK has to count, something good has to come out of it. Building this "peace" has to take time, and this time is used to show us how it affected Bruce, Gordon, and Gotham itself. Also, it serves to make Batman a more mythic figure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicStalker View Post
Another thing that bothered me was that Gordon never experienced any fall out from his alliance with Batman. I mean the new commissioner was seen openly interacting with Batman and most of the Police force and Harvey knew he was too. Then shortly after that Batman is outed as a murderer. It doesnt make sense that the people of Gotham wouldnt want Gordons job for this. But even 8 years later he hasnt experienced any repercussions. Remember much of the public sentiment was that they wanted Batman caught and unmasked during most of TDK anyways. Then he is outed as a Murderer too...
Also when did we see this Zsass character? I keep seeing his name mentioned but he was never in any of these 3 movies...
The public didn't know about the alliance between Batman and Gordon until the end. In the ending of the Dark Knight, Gordon destroying the Bat-signal is a symbol of this repercussion. Gordon was still a hero, and he was viewed as such as it's showed in the beginning of Rises.

Zsaz it's a psychopath from the comics that appeared in Begins as a cameo type of character. He is the man that Crane declares insane in court, as a request from Falcone.

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy's shoulders to let him know that the world hadn't ended.

BlueLightning is online now   Reply With Quote