View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 09:36 PM   #42
Robin91939
Master Tim

Default Re: Who else hated Batman's portrayal in JUSTICE LEAGUE (Timm)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekken View Post
i liked batman in JLU. he's a jerk because he can be. he thinks he's smarter tahn everyone else because he is. he's conceited because he can be.

hahaha. besides,...this batman's been through a lot of crap. didnt tim get owned by the joker by that point? but then again tim appeared in one of the JL episodes at the superman funeral. continuity is strange in timmverse.
The "Flashback" scene in Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker is after Justice League: Unlimited.

The Joker appears in Justice League: Unlimited, he dies in the flashback of Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker. The costumes from flashback to the other episodes are an error, but you can just assume after his time with the Justice League he changed back to the costume he wore during Batman: Gotham Knights.

As far as Batman being rude, cocky, arrogant, conceited, reckless and not a "nice" person...

Batman isn't a nice person. Batman is a bad guy. He's a villain, breaking the law for the betterment of society. That's who he is.

He has altruistic goals. He has hope. But it's a constant struggle for him, because there is a monster within him that's deep down that if he gives into -- he wouldn't be able to stop it. That's why he doesn't kill. Not because killing is wrong. (That's a factor, but not the main or only). He doesn't kill because he's the most skilled man in the world. If he killed, he knows he might give in to the hate and the demons in his soul and not be able to stop. He is always walking that slippery slope.

From Batman: HUSH:

"If Clark wanted to, he could use his superspeed and squish me into the cement. But I know how he thinks. Even more than the kryptonite, he's got one big weakness. Deep down, Clark's essentially a good person...and deep down, I'm not. " - Batman

-R

Robin91939 is offline   Reply With Quote