View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 09:32 AM   #606
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamantium View Post
Again...MARVEL is in charge and they know where they want there universe to go and I'm sure they've given Wright freedom but have still given him certain guidelines to follow so his story/script isn't totally separate from the rest of the current MCU. On the other hand "Ant-Man" could be just that and have zero to do with Phase 1, 2, or 3 and be unattached from the current MCU arcs altogether.
Ant-Man is "officially" part of Phase II, even though its release date is after Avengers 2, because when MS announced that their Phase One collectors' edition would include previews of Phase II films, Ant-Man was included in the same list as IM3, T:TDW, CA:TWS, Avengers 2 and GOTG.

Quote:
You could've arguably said the same for Chris Hemsworth.
Yeahhhh.....but. Hems is about 15 years younger than Szostak. Unless you believe they want Jan to be portrayed as a middle-aged woman, I'd look for a 20something actress to land the role of Wasp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamantium View Post
Do they have to, or can they bypass normal procedure to thicken there plots and keep movie goers on their toes and have surprise elements and intrigue? Even more so the GA, because even the GA, I believe will grow tired of the same tactics for the next 8 years if they're not being teased and just spoon fed everything, right? Not arguing, just inquiring.
Marvel Studios isn't traditionally in the business of sending out red herrings and false flags. People who are used to that with, say, Chris Nolan and JJ Abrams try to impose that on Kevin Feige, and Feige just simply isn't that kind of person. Yes, he plays his cards close to the vest when it comes to casting calls and the like and says not to believe anything until you see it on screen (or at least get it from an official MS presser), but he doesn't pull "John Blakes" or "Miranda Tates" or "John Harrisons" on the public. Thanos and The Other are about the only real instances of something coming out of left field in MS films.

That's why I think people are reading wayyyy too much into Szostak's role. We had this same kind of rampant speculation about Leslie Bibb and Olivia Munn in IM1 and 2 because of the fact that Marvel didn't officially reveal their roles, only that they had been cast. So automatically everybody assumed "SECRECY! MYSTERY CHARACTER!" ....but the truth turned out to be much more mundane, that they were just ****-buddy reporters and Stark sexual conquests. In fact, I'll bet *my* one million Internet dollars that Szostak will be just that, and third in a running gag for the series.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014