Old 01-07-2013, 08:54 AM   #158
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Default Re: The (potential) Masters of Evil thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
... I feel so... defenestrated.
Sorry, buddy. Just had to set the record straight on Widow's "contribution."

That decision by Cap always confuses me. I mean, it adds the suspense of "oh, will he or won't he make it?", but it's a false suspense built upon an out-of-character decision by Cap, written by Whedon. What's dumb is that it would have made sense if Whedon had just written in that the nuclear explosion was threatening to reach the portal and affect Earth. But he didn't. Instead, they wait for what seems like just a few seconds, and then Cap tells her to close it as if he had given up on Iron Man coming back. WTF? /end rant, I promise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Venom View Post
I'm kind of divided on bringing Red Skull back vs. introducing Baron Zemo. Probably the latter since Skull was okay, but not awesome, and for all we know, he's dead or gone for good.
Just because Red Skull was poorly written in CA:TFA doesn't destine him to be the same weak character in a Cap or Avengers sequel. Loki's character was pretty different between Thor and Avengers. Same with Bruce Banner between TIH and Avengers.

That said, I'm for both the return of the Red Skull (the way CA:TFA set it up, it has great potential, story-wise) AND the introduction of Zemo. Maybe not both for a MoE storyline, but I'd love to see both active in modern-day MCU eventually!

spideymouse is offline   Reply With Quote