View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 09:39 AM   #52
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Default Re: WHO will be the next announcement? [Round 1]

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
It sounds more like an on-set drama that was picked up by the tabloids. Halle has always been popular with the tabloids because she is glamorous and looks good on covers in slinky gowns, beachwear, etc. Add a few dramas to that and the tabloids are watching even more closely. Sadly that has overshadowed other aspects of her life and left her open to the same comments directed at most other tabloid fodder like Paris Hilton, Lindsey Lohan, Britney, etc.

At the end of the day, I'm not bothered if Halle or Storm is in the movie. Omitting the character or recasting the future version, or introducing a new young version in the past would all be okay, but they will need some ethnic diversity and a strong female presence from someone. So, if not Storm, then who? Rachel Summers, Phoenix, Binary, Polaris, Scarlet Witch? Any of those would be fine with me.

It would be great to see Storm go up against Sentinels with full-on powers but, for all I know, futureStorm might be portrayed as already dead in the film adaptation.

They might instead use elements of Second Genesis in having Beast, Banshee and Havok captured by whoever is behind the Sentinels in the 1960s, leaving Xavier to recruit a new team (younger versions of Storm, Jean and Cyclops) to rescue them. That would set up a new, young Storm for future films.

Or they might follow the animated series storyline One Man's Worth in which Wolverine and Storm are married in an alternate future - which would require Halle's Storm or (far less likely) a recast.

It could go any of those ways, according to the little we know at the moment.

I'm pretty flexible about it, but they will need some 'girl power' in the movie from somewhere and the actors/characters announced so far don't really fulfil that role.
If Storm Is In film It will be In future scenes played by halle Berry

The past part of DOFP will probally be mid to late 1960's.There Is no way teenage Cyclops,Jean,and Storm will be Introduced.Thos ethat compain about contunity problems want to make It worse? At end of First Class Xavier Isn't 30 yet or bald yet they want the more tp tier X-Men Even before Xavier becomes more tradional Xavier.

The Sentinles are probally going to only be In future.The threat In past will be Brotherhood trying to assassinate someone.

DOFP won't be literal adaptan.we knew that by using this with first Class cast.But Is likely to have these core elements

Future with sentinles
Wolverine busting survung mutants out of Internment camp
Time travel to past to try to prevent future
Contacting past X-Men and warning them Brotherhood's assassination plot will
lead to dark future with sentinles
Battle between X-men and Brotherhood where X-Men try to prevent assassination.

It will be film version of these core elemets with added stuff.Remember there has to be moments on characters too.

I firmly believe we are looking at cast that Includes members of first Class and Original trilogy.There Isn't going to be room for much else save for target of assassination.They have casts of both timelines and sentinles.having X-Men Vs Sentinles In future and X-men VS Broterhood In past Is enough for big action set pieces.Remember they only have so much time and money.Witht the Avengers save for maria Hill all characters were from solo films.So Idea they have to Introduce a bunch of new characters Is faulty.

marvelrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote