View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 12:35 PM   #160
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: The (potential) Masters of Evil thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideymouse View Post
Sorry, buddy. Just had to set the record straight on Widow's "contribution."

That decision by Cap always confuses me. I mean, it adds the suspense of "oh, will he or won't he make it?", but it's a false suspense built upon an out-of-character decision by Cap, written by Whedon. What's dumb is that it would have made sense if Whedon had just written in that the nuclear explosion was threatening to reach the portal and affect Earth. But he didn't. Instead, they wait for what seems like just a few seconds, and then Cap tells her to close it as if he had given up on Iron Man coming back. WTF? /end rant, I promise!
Nuclear explosions in space would be adequately blocked by Earth's atmosphere anyway. Our atmosphere shields us from worse cosmic radiation than a single nuclear bomb every second of every hour of every day.

Plus, the whole idea that Iron Man and/or the Chitauri would "fall" to Earth is jaw-droppingly inaccurate. It's *space* --- there's no gravity there at all. Everyone and everything, including IM, should have just floated around. I guess you could say the force of the explosion propelled them in a certain direction.....maybe....

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote