When a dark avenger leaves a blazing logo as warning an omen/calling card. An announcement that he's been there, watching or coming after you.
It's become a common and recognizable trope in movies, but I'm wondering how common?
Here's the ones I could find so far...
- Zorro leaves his mark in- Zorro's Fighting Legion
Lighting up a hill side with a giant "Z' as warning to his enemies he's coming after them, and as a sort of signal for Zorro and the "Legion" to assemble.
- Used to great effect in the Crow as he leaves his mark
-The Mask of Zorro leaves his mark . This scene is a straight homage / reminder of the (1939) Zorro's Fighting Legion.
Also used extensively in the opening credits. And again in The Legend of Zorro (2005) promos - http://www.fwallpapers.net/pics/movi...-zorro_000.jpg
- Dare Devil leaves his mark
- The Punisher leaves his rather elaborate mark
- FF leave their mark Not really dark avengers, but definitely follows the same trope. (Although well established in the comics first, anyone know when it first appeared?)
- V for Vendetta, - Opening credits a flaming V logo is used.
In the scene where he introduces himself to Evey, he slashes a "V" into a street poster, homage to Zorro's classic "Z" mark. - http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs5/2633939_o.gif
And in the grand finally the fireworks create a giant blazing "V"
(2008) - In The Dark Knight they somewhat used the idea for the add campaign and poster.
- And finally physically appears full blown in Dark Knight Rises...
Any others ?
Was it in X-Men did Phoenix ever make a flaming symbol? Ghost Rider? Hellboy?