View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 02:51 PM   #312
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Default Re: MCU Phase 3: Have it your way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinc Saucier View Post
I don't believe for a second Szostak is playing Wasp. Still betting on Bethany Cabe myself.

But I do think Whedon might add Wasp to Avengers 2 anyway. I mean he apparently really wanted her in the first film already. And now that Ant-Man is finally going into production and has a release date in the same year as Avengers even, he could easily introduce Wasp in A2 first only to have her character further developed in the Ant-Man film later. It could possibly even be a prequel to Avengers 2.
Yeah, I don't think the casting for Janet Van Dyne would have happened so discreetly and so quickly.

As for the idea of Ant-Man being a prequel, I suppose in terms of the narrative it might make sense, but I don't know how well it would go over with the audience. It's kind of like saying, "Hey look, here's the origin of a guy who didn't show up in either Avengers or Avengers 2, but his girlfriend did in Avengers 2, so we're setting the movie to take place before Avengers 2 and you know she won't die."

I don't know about having prequels for the MCU at this point (Cap doesn't count because you didn't see him in the present-day until after). Every phase seems to be driving a narrative forward. To use a film to go backwards in that narrative and not really add to it seems kind of pointless.