View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 03:49 PM   #96
Polux
Side-Kick

Default Re: How Long Was Bruce Wayne Actually Batman in this Trilogy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
Great post, and I agree to an extent. But keep in mind two things:

1) It's easier to show strain, pain and anguish on film, through motion and physical acting

and 2) Hush sucks . To be fair, some writers keep Batman/Robin injured over what would be months comic time.
Oh, I'm well aware of that, which is why comic book movies always get me excited, I really want to see these characters with real weight, real voices, real gravitas; which many times ends up in me liking the movie version better than the comic book ones (Iron man, Thor, i.e.); also I'm aware of the serialized nature of comic books, which is why they need to keep Bruce alive and well and in top shape; I just found it refreshing seeing such a human version of who is considered the most "human" of superheroes; also, having a saga that has a begining, middle and ending filled with actions/consequences and the passage of time, to me, elevated this trilogy to a completely different level when it comes to comic book adaptations; I also understand that the frustrations of many fans come from not being other aspects of the Batman lore under the brilliant, insighful interpretation that Nolan brought to this; but as it has been mentioned before, this is but another interpretation of the character, one that, if I may say so, has been more loyal to the lore and pivotal graphic novels (i.e. Year One, TLH, Killing Joke, Knightfall, NML, TDKR, etc.) than any other comic book character (correct me if I'm wrong, please).

Btw, you guys got a real interesting conversation goin on here, I rarely post, I mostly read the comments and learn a lot about different ways of interpreting all of this....

Polux

Polux is offline   Reply With Quote