View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 01:16 PM   #750
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
see i think you're looking at a muddle mess by jumping right on it... you can't seem to even take a "what if" glance at things and even attempt to understand it "possibly" able to actually not be a mess.

Let's say loki is right.. and Tony bumps into a character in which he's never given a name of who she is.. (obviously AIM is playing a large part in IM3... so there's most certainly a possibility (if jan is trying to find hank/and or trying to take down AIM) There paths cross around the time Tony also discovers the evils of AIM and the two paths cross... a little bit of info is given from the mystery woman.. but not enough where we're left going "who was she and where is she throughout the rest of the film". Basically to the gen public she's sorta a mysterious woman... but nothing too integral (sorta like Coulson in Iron Man 1) but.. she show's up again in Cap 2 and we find even more out about her

hell... the Coulson way is a great way to introduce new characters.. it just doesn't always have to be SHIELD related

like i said before, i see both sides (so playing devils advocate almost if you will), so maybe you should think just for a moment "what if this IS happening, what ideas can i see where this actually works?" and work back from there. The other side of the coin has already stated how they could see it not working too.. so maybe just maybe attempt to think outside the box ?
Marvel hasn't done a lot of thinking "outside the box" when it comes to the movies. As I keep saying, the whole point of gathering all the movie rights back was so that Marvel could take charge of their properties again and start making characters and stories that more accurately reflected their actual comic-book counterparts, as opposed to the INOs that Fox and Sony and Lionsgate were fanboy-raping.

The MCU is a pretty fair reflection of comic-book Marvel. About the only major deviations from canon I can see are necessary ones, like Iron Man dropping the whole secret identity/bodyguard facade from the get-go, and Cap having to be readjusted for a 70-year long ice bath as opposed to a 17-year one.

So that being said, I can't see Feige agreeing to major changes for Jan or Hank, either. Up to and including probably persuading Wright to come up with a script that fits in with the MCU, as opposed to the leaked first draft which set up the 1960s Pym and 2000s Lang "To Steal an Ant-Man" story arc.

On another note, what's with all this fascination with aligning Hank and Janet with AIM, anyway? AIM had nothing to do with comic-book Hank and Janet, other than the obligatory battles with the yellow beekeeper suits during assorted Avenger issues. Odds are that the MCU version of Hank and Janet will wind up following the Ultimates formula, just like Hawkeye, Cap and Nick Fury did. In which case the Pyms would work for *SHIELD,* not AIM.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014