View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 01:17 PM   #299
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Default Re: Doc Ock's Lair v2 - Part 1

So who read the first issue of Superior Spider-Man? I absolutely LOVED it. It was hysterically good.

Watching Ock adapt to Peter Parker's life, and essentially acting like Otto Octavius in Peter's body (which is who he is at the end of the day). The way he spoke down to the new Sinister Six as if they were rank amateurs who had the gall to call themselves that. Calling his Horizon co-workers dolts. The way he tried to impress MJ on their date by bragging about his scientific genius of tracking the new Sinister Six, and addressing her as "my dear" lol.

I won't spoil the ending because there's a bit of twist, but I'll just say it shows this "Superior" Spider-Man is still the nasty and evil Doc Ock at heart since
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
he was willing to kill Boomerang by punching him to death.

I was very excited and skeptical about this first issue before I read it, but Slott sold me on it. This is going to be so much fun while it lasts. Ock makes a fantastically interesting Peter Parker and Spider-Man. There won't be a dull moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electro UK View Post
I think someone's forgetting The Burglar - AF 15 and ASM 200!
I meant ASM anniversary issues

Quote:
Ock was in ASM 500 as well.
Yes, but not as the main villain.

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote