View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 02:40 PM   #757
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
That's the *biggest* "inside the box" there is: the whole point was to recreate a shared universe, just like in the comics.

that being said...

Wait....what? How is Pym and Janet's story *anything* like the "accidental radiation" origin story? Pym discovered Pym Particles himself, and voluntarily shrank himself into a micro-hero, and then agreed to do the same to Janet to help her track down and kill an alien who killed her father. That's about as far from "simple" and "done to death" as it gets.

I'll grant you that Wright has been trying to make his Ant-Man film more of an espionage story; but that's also with the understanding that the titular character there has always been *Scott Lang* instead of Hank Pym. Truth is, until we get more solid info on Wright's approach to the story, there's really no telling what he wants to do with this.

But one way they *could* connect Pym to Stark is to make Extremis some variant of Pym Particles instead of nanotech, I suppose. But that would tend to make Pym the inventor of Extremis instead of Killian.....and I strongly doubt *that's* going to happen, given what we know of IM3.
well... the Alien who killed her father aspect isn't going to happen... so they're going to have to come up with a reason for pym and janet to use the particles.. so the origin is going to be different... regardless. So just saying... you better get use to that notion

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]