View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 03:40 PM   #330
JaD
Thriller Night

Default Re: Things you noticed after multiple viewings on DVD / BluRay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior. View Post
She has one shot in the montage which is dominated by her in the foreground of the frame while Jen and a few others are celebrating with champagne behind her. She looked somber to what was happening as opposed to everybody else in the frame, but it ultimately passes by way too quickly and dominated by the rest of the montage and the implications of it in a wider context for me to truly invest in her change.

That is a big problem of Nolan for me. He likes to tell huge chunks of his story in montages which often serve to truncate important elements of character and story. As in, I would like to see some scenes that he devotes a single shot to become full blown scenes, specially ones that involve character. I think one elaborate scene with Selina and the rich couldn't have heart.
I remember a friend of mine having a similar issue with BB like you have with that Selina moment. It was something to do with how in Begins, Ras was asking Bruce about if he feels guilty about the murder of his parents or something, and Bruce says his anger outweighs his guilt. Ras immediately replies "Come." and they continue the montage and my friend was like "Whoa, timeout. Timeout, back it up. That was a deep moment and we're running right through it." I think it was in between a montage as well.

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today."
James Dean
JaD is offline   Reply With Quote