View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 04:04 PM   #334
CuppaJoe07
Side-Kick

Default Re: Things you noticed after multiple viewings on DVD / BluRay.

Yeah, I don't think the Juno Temple thing or Selena's decision was a flaw, nor do Nolan's montages bother me. It works for the films. Well, at least for me they do, and I think they are used appropriately when I hadn't really thought more character development was necessarily needed, however I will agree that there could have been more of the riots in Gotham, but I'll just blame it to possibly being trimmed down too much (has anyone read the script? Are there more scenes with Bane's Gotham?). I just don't think it's really needed to spend more time on those moments, so I won't truncate it to any "rules of filmmaking" (my rule to filmmaking - there are no rules to filmmaking. What the director wants, he gets, so technically every film is perfect as long as the director is 100% satisfied. it's just a matter of wether or not the audience likes or dislikes it. But hey, that's just my bizarre view on art in general.) Just thought I'd throw that out there, since now there are a lot of people leaving snooty pretentious comments about what film should or shouldn't be or "NOOO NOLAN YOU CAN'T DOOO THAAAT!!!" and it usually boils down to just being a matter of taste. But you know, give a nerd a laptop and they all think they're film critics (kidding).
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundofyousick View Post
But that scene does expand, it plays into the sword fight on the ice where that notion is explored further.
Yep. And that's one of my favorite moments of the film because it is played out so well. My only issue is that there isn't one mention of his parents in TDK.

Last edited by CuppaJoe07; 01-09-2013 at 04:08 PM.
CuppaJoe07 is offline   Reply With Quote