View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 05:09 PM   #335
BatmanBeyond
Future Dark Knight

Default Re: Things you noticed after multiple viewings on DVD / BluRay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaD View Post
I remember a friend of mine having a similar issue with BB like you have with that Selina moment. It was something to do with how in Begins, Ras was asking Bruce about if he feels guilty about the murder of his parents or something, and Bruce says his anger outweighs his guilt. Ras immediately replies "Come." and they continue the montage and my friend was like "Whoa, timeout. Timeout, back it up. That was a deep moment and we're running right through it." I think it was in between a montage as well.
I think it's fine the way it is. If I recall correctly it follows immediately after the flashbacks of little Bruce seeing his parents get murdered, being conforted by Gordon and then by Alfred following the funeral. So the way I take it is that, in the present day, Bruce has been talking to Ra's about that whole sequence of events for a while before the latter asks him whether or not he still feels responsible for the murder of his parents.

Like soundofyousick says, there's also payoff for that moment in the sword fight scene. Besides, Ra's comes off as the harsh father figure in BB anyway, so it's no wonder he doesn't stop and dwell too much on Bruce's tragedy (well, apart from that scene besides the fire where he mentions his wife). He's more about helping Bruce overcome his grief by tapping into the potential power his anger offers him.

Cracked.com's Bat Battle: http://www.cracked.com/article_15029...ie-batman.html
BatmanBeyond is offline   Reply With Quote