01-09-2013, 07:56 PM
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Arkham Asylum
Re: In hindsight what changes would you do
Originally Posted by RAINMAKER
Long time lurker, first time poster.
Things I'd change in "The Dark Knight Rises":
1. I would've liked to see the first fight between Batman and Bane happen in the Batcave in front of Alfred. I think it would've been a very powerful scene to show the horror on Alfred's face as he watches the boy he was supposed to protect, get his back broken. And then they drag Bruce away from Alfred.
2. The 2nd fight to be longer and more intense. As soon as it was getting good, it ended. I would've like to see it start out in the streets and end in the sewers.
3. I would've eliminated the "LOS" completely from the movie. I know a lot of people think that the "League of Shadows" returned, but after watching multiple times, I don't think Talia and Bane ran the "actual" "League of Shadows". Just take a look at how they were trained ninjas in the BB, but in "....Rises" they were only good with guns. I think they were just a bunch of mercenaries recruited by Bane and Talia. In fact, as it was stated in "....Rises", Bane was excommunicated before Ra's recruited Bruce. Why would the remaining members let these too run the show all of the sudden?
4. Eliminate Talia. As stated in BB, Ra's says "...my wife and daughter were taken from me." They should've left it alone.
5. Bane was the one who climbed out of the pit.
6. If I'm not mistaken Zsasz was still on the loose in "BB" and was never mentioned of being caught in the next two movies. I'd would've liked to see a fight scene between them.
That's all I can think of right now.
I particularly like points 3 and 4.
"Sometimes I remember it one way. Sometimes another. If I'm going to have a past, I prefer it to be multiple choice!"
- The Joker