View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 05:03 AM   #115
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part

Y'know somethings starting to occur to me about this whole JL debacle.

Well let's look at the facts:

• It was all started by rumor.
  • There has never been an official announcement by any involved parties.
  • Snyder flat-out denied any involvement and explicitly stated 12 months ago that MOS would have nothing to do with JL.
  • Since then he has been coy about it, as has Nolan.
What does this all mean? Well we know that WB is definitely trying to make a JL film. They have been for years. But I feel that it's all still stuck in a gestation wait-and-see period. I think they're still deciding their approach and they're letting sites throw around ideas of building it on the TDK and MOS films as it's an idea they've no doubt thrown around internally.

But really nothing has been announced.

I've actually grown a great amount of respect for Snyder in the last year. MOS looks amazing from what we've seen and it seems like he's treated the source material with more reverence and respect than I could have imagined. I also think himself and Nolan consider their films more 'sacred' and above what WB is prepared to warp them too. Just look at the latest quote from Snyder. He said he has no idea how they can do a JL film (surely he would know alot more than he's letting on regarding the status of JL) but MOS is real, and that's all he's worried about.