View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 11:05 AM   #996
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Default Re: TDKR Oscar Chances? - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyJoker View Post
Why does it matter?

Does being Oscar nominated make TDKR a better film?

Why does it bother you. This year The Amazing Spider-Man came out, I loved the film, utterly enjoyed it, had fun, ...it didn't get any noms on the tech side. But that doesn't take away my enjoyment of the film or my value of it.

If you love TDKR, good on you, if you didn't, good on you. It's your right and opinon to feel either way, but i never gathered why someone gets upset over the idea that TDKR didn't get a nomination. Sometimes thems are just the breaks.

I feel like fans have gotten greedy, do you know how psyched comic fans would of been in 1999 to think that an actor was nominated and WON for playing The Joker? Now a days? Meh...WHERE ARE OUR TECH NOMINATIONS!!!!

I agree with this. In fact I said when this movie came out it would not be nomiated and the talk of Oscars was hype. I don't say that with an "I told you so," mentality, but only to point out that while it was a good conclusion to the franchise it was not to the level that the Dark Knight was.

The Academy really wants to recognize the smaller more "arthouse" style films as opposed to the blockbusters. But even then, if it is a blockbuster, it has to be spectacular. This was a good conclusion to the trillogy, but it was not on the level that the Dark Knight was.

Fans can enjoy and love the conclusion to this trillogy, but no it's not Oscar worthy.