View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 03:45 PM   #286
Majik1387
Casting Extraordinaire ;D

Default Re: How long before the fan community turns on the Nolan films?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Malone View Post
You seem to be confusing 2 different things. The amount of time batman has spent being batman has little to do with how much of him you see on screen. You think that if he was said to have been batman for 10+ years that automatically equal more screen time?
I'm not confusing two things at all, in fact I respond to two different things in two different parts of my post in response to the two different things. I didn't mash them together.
Quote:
Also i'm thinking in terms or enjoyment of the films themselves. If you want to bring up mythos that's one thing but this was Nolan's take on batman and what he put on screen i think was great.
TDK wasn't enjoying in any sense other than the bank robbery and the Joker chase. Other than that, it was overrated boring scenes of pure exposition and less than subtle 'symbolic' dialogue. That's partially why I prefer TDKR to TDK, it managed to be more enjoyable while taking more inspiration from the Batman mythos that has made him so popular.
Quote:
Again the idea that if nolan threw in a line about him being batman for 10 years that would somehow improve the movies, seems very petty to me.
I didn't say anything about one line being thrown in saying Batman being there for 10 years, those are your words, let's make that clear. However, references to Batman cleaning up streets, helping Gotham PD, etc. You know, some build up or a nod of presence of Batman in Gotham would most likely have pleased everyone.

I think it's you who is confusing two things into one.

Majik1387 is offline   Reply With Quote