View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 05:29 PM   #293
TheDevilIsMe
Banned User

Default Re: How long before the fan community turns on the Nolan films?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Malone View Post
No, but i'm not going to generally say it was bad or un-enjoyable either. I would pre-face both by saying "for me".
This. This is the exact attitude people lack on the net discussions and in general.

Too many times I see a well received film get comments like 'Yeah...that movie sucked so bad! They should listen to us fans 'cause it sucked and everyone knows it!' when in actuality the film got really good reviews from critics and fans currently holding a RottenTomatoes score ranging from 78% to 99%.

Some people act as if their opinion is the be-all-end-all majority opinion and not just theirs.

Some films I don't like are quite beloved to many and were well received - I'll be humble and say it's just my opinion and that it's not a bad film, it's just not my type of film that I could enjoy.

There's nothing wrong with what BruceMalone is saying.

What we're going to see here is that 'TDKR' will soon be on lists of 'Movies that aren't as bad as everyone says' and such. It will gain the reputation of being a mixed-reviewed/polarizing/disappointing film. Mark my words.

It's already on course for it. The vocal minority have taken over the tearing the film to shreds routine which makes the film look 'hated'.

Of course, the only place it'll have that reputation is on the internet. The movie-going public and the masses will love it all the same and not know of that reputation. Which means it doesn't really matter. But still, it doesn't deserve that.

Last edited by TheDevilIsMe; 01-10-2013 at 05:33 PM.
TheDevilIsMe is offline   Reply With Quote