View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 10:20 AM   #123
def28
Side-Kick

Default Re: Mark Millar now snubbing Marvel Disney...?

I know too many people who have only seen IM1 or none of the Marvel films and loved the heck out of The Avengers. The film works fine on its own for anyone who hasnt seen the other films. They may ask a few questions but the film answers everything you need to know for the ride. Does it work better because of the other films for the viewer? Definitely. Its not needed to enjoy it though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundofyousick View Post
At a push you can see it, as Magneto's extreme p.o.v was backed up by the fact that the 'humans' did indeed fire upon the mutants indiscrminantly, as if they did want to pursue an agenda of wiping them all out, regardless of their actions of whether they were 'good' or 'bad'. Along with the fact that Magneto was the one person whose beliefs were making her more comfortable in her own skin for the first time in her life, you can see why she jumped.
I get that was the intention. I just thought it was an extremely unbelievable one based on her characters other interactions with important characters in her life and her fear of violence.

Ive gotten into this debate a few times. As a fan of the comics and Raven in X1 and 2. I was annoyed by this Mystique and thought she was pretty weak. She is worthy of being more interesting. If you dug the take its all good.

def28 is offline   Reply With Quote