View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 11:29 AM   #125
soundofyousick
Banned User

Default Re: Mark Millar now snubbing Marvel Disney...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
I know too many people who have only seen IM1 or none of the Marvel films and loved the heck out of The Avengers. The film works fine on its own for anyone who hasnt seen the other films. They may ask a few questions but the film answers everything you need to know for the ride. Does it work better because of the other films for the viewer? Definitely. Its not needed to enjoy it though.
Of course you can enjoy it on it's own, but it would be a pretty character-less eye candy punch up movie with quips otherwise, yes, people do enjoy those types of movie a great deal, and as a punch up movie, it is one of the best. But if Avengers had been released without the solo movies, a lot of people on here would be complaininbg over lack of character development for Cap/IM/Thor...but because of the solo moives, it gets almost universal praise on these boards.

Quote:
I get that was the intention. I just thought it was an extremely unbelievable one based on her characters other interactions with important characters in her life and her fear of violence.

Ive gotten into this debate a few times. As a fan of the comics and Raven in X1 and 2. I was annoyed by this Mystique and thought she was pretty weak. She is worthy of being more interesting. If you dug the take its all good.
Well, you could say that her fear of violence might be counter-acted by her fear of dying, as of course it was Magneto who was warning them all along the 'humans' would do something like that, and it was his powers that saved them. She may feel that violence is inevitable for her kind in this world, and wants to protect herself by allying with the army who is better prepared, and has her best interests at heart, ie makes her feel comfortable in her own skin.

soundofyousick is offline   Reply With Quote