View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 01:17 PM   #121
BatmanBeyond
Future Dark Knight

Default Re: TDKR Oscar Chances? - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
Its a solid flick but I really couldn't say it had balls . If Nolan had actually killed Bruce Wayne and much of his supporting cast then I would have agreed with you. I really cant say it was outside the box except that it was influenced by Knightfall, The Dark Knight Returns and No Mans Land which hadn't been done on film before. Other then that , the themes about dealing with retirement, the young brutal upstart vs the aging champ, and the protagonist going out on one last horah aren't the most original and daring themes in Hollywood films. They've been done over and over again for years in Hollywood films.

I would agree that the scale of the story was ambitious.
True, but I think that giving a definitive end to Bruce Wayne's time as Batman is where it was ballsy. Although I do agree that the stakes/drama would've been raised had they killed one or two important characters. I felt sure at one point that Lucius was gonna kick the bucket.

Cracked.com's Bat Battle: http://www.cracked.com/article_15029...ie-batman.html