View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 11:43 PM   #71
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 143

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain Damage View Post
So, the blu-ray has been sitting on my shelf for over a month now and I'm finally feeling the realization that this series has ended. For so many years I watched Begins and TDK and wondered where the story would go next, always knowing that someday I'd see it. But now it's all over. No more Bale growl. No more Tumblr. No more tangerines.

These movies bookmark my teenage years and I'll always remember them for that. As well as for everything that makes them great, every little thing that irks me and every ridiculous high and miserable low before and after their releases. It's been a ride that lasted almost a decade, and what a ride it's been.
That's the spirit. These films are ours now. To love, nitpick, cherish, laugh at, reminisce over...whatever we want. For me they marked me entering my 20s and beginning adulthood. It sure was great to take something so beloved from my childhood and have it be such a huge presence through the first half of my 20s. Following these films so closely has been a deeply rewarding experience for me, and one I'd do over in a heartbeat.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158