View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 03:35 AM   #241
TheGuy
Side-Kick

Default Re: Batman Begins Best Origin Movie ever ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Payaso View Post
It might. It shows the character and how it all began. And you cana ctually see the hero in action, that's gotta count for something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2014 View Post
But that's not really the focus of the film, so I don't think it counts.
Quote:
What do you mean it wasn't really the focus?
Quote:
Well, Bruce's parents' murder is shown, but it's a short flashback, and Bruce's training is not shown at all. That, and Sam Hamm and Tim Burton's intentions were to not tell an origin story.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CConn View Post
The focus was the emergence of Batman in Gotham, if B89 isn't an origin, then YO wouldn't be an origin either.
Quote:
That's not what qualifies an origin story. An origin story is about how the hero came to be. In Batman, he's already Batman by the time the film starts. Batman: Year One shows much more of Bruce's evolution towards becoming Batman much more by comparison.
Quote:
Yes.

Bruce's killing got more or less the same screentime than in Batman begins. it's not like Begins showed 30 minutes of Chill killing the Waynes while B89 30 seconds.

And then, if I'm not mistakenm Superman's training wa snot shown in STM. So, is it not an origin film wither?

Now I cannot give a damn about any director's intentions. What the movie showed was there, no more nor less. If they didn't want to show the origin, then they failed. But, if I'm not again mistaken, their intention was NOT not to show the origin but to keep it a secret while Batman was introduced to keep him a total mistery.

When Batman Begins starts he's half-way into Batman. We know about Bruce's parents killing through a flashback, just like, a certain other Batman movie. Same as Batman Year One.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CConn View Post
YO shows more evolution sure, but Batman very much details Batman's psychological scarring and advancement from his childhood trauma to adulthood. He very much evolves and grows as a character throughout the film.
From page 7

TheGuy is offline   Reply With Quote