View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 11:26 AM   #380
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Default Re: Changing the roster for Avengers 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Venom View Post
People would be more excited to see a movie that has Spider-Man than Hank Pym or Wasp.
its more than money. It doesn't matter. I think you are trolling too. Ant man and wasp are WAY more important for the avengers than freakin spiderman. It doesn't matter if he is more popular. Ant man and wasp are more important. and it is crucial to get them in sooner or later. They have roles, they lead to ultron. They need to be in a some point. it's not about pulling in more money, or getting more people to see the damn movie. christ

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
In this thread: a lot of denial on both sides of reality.

No, there's not any real chance that Fox and Sony will ever get on the same page with Marvel Studios to cross-over their cash cows Spidey and Wolverine.

But some of these posts that deny the box office appeal of Spidey in an Avenger movie are just completely out of touch with reality. Spidey holds FOUR spots (4,5,6, and 9) in the Top 10 grossing superhero films of all time, while Batman holds two (2 and 3), Iron Man has two (7 and 8), Avengers has 1 (#1), and The Incredibles holds the #10 spot. Even when you combine the total take on each franchise, and *even if* you include Avengers in the Iron Man franchise total, Spidey still outgrosses everything out there.

Spidey is the freakin' flagship of Marvel; always has been and always will. Anybody who thinks his inclusion in the Avengers wouldn't boost the hell out of the box office is living in complete denial.
oh I know. But he's not going to be in it. For other reasons. Venom needs to let this go.