View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 01:07 PM   #132
The Batkilt
Side-Kick

Default Re: Any word on if this is going to resolve continuity issues from First Class?

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
Why is it an inconsistency?

In First Class, Moira worked for the CIA and was in her 20s. In X3, which takes place 30 years later, Moira was in her 50s and at some sort of medical/research institute.
There's something of an inconsistency in her going from an American CIA agent to a Scottish scientist, to be perfectly honest. The quickest fix for that I've read anywhere is the Moira that appears in the original trilogy is the daughter/niece/relative of the Moira from First Class.

In truth I just don't think either Singer or Vaugn really gave a crap about the characters from the comics. All they took were their names. Ages, histories and - in some cases - abilities were completely ignored or rewritten.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Part of motatian for having teenage Cyclops and other teenage mutants(Including who was originally suspose to be Emma Frost) and be found by Xavier were to help set u the pre Bryan Singer version of First Class.They even hard Gambit and Deadpool to set up seperate solo films.That was part of problem with origins.They were adding too much.With The Wolverine they have learned.Besides the possable cameo by Famke Janssen all characters are ones that should be there from the Japanese storyline.
As much as I'm not as keen on Singer as some, if FOX had appointed Singer or someone else to oversee a potential expanded universe with a series of spin-off films from Wolverine: Origins then those issues would probably have been addressed. I find it baffling that FOX didn't have their own expanded film universe before the MCU was established.

Last edited by The Batkilt; 01-13-2013 at 01:10 PM.
The Batkilt is offline   Reply With Quote