View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 04:40 PM   #559
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARMAN View Post
Lets say we get our wish and MOS is very successful. You don't think they would fast track a sequel?
Well like some have said, it may just have the opposite effect and make the heads of Warner Bros. feel more confident about JLA due to Superman being a success.

If I had to take a guess, I'd say that they want to make a superhero ensemble as soon as possible since from their perspective, it's a sure thing to make the billion dollars mark at the B.O like "The Avengers" did for Marvel.

Hell, I'd argue that regardless if JL is critically successful or not, if the film ends up making close to the amount of money that the studio was hoping for and that they have a solid idea on where they want to go with a sequel, that we won't be seeing another solo superman film for quite awhile.

During that time, we could also end up losing the likes of Amy Adams and Lawrence Fishburne since I doubt that they'd want to continue on with their roles if they were going to be regulated to minor cameos within a JLA film.

Putting it simply, I see the very existence of a JLA movie right now being a cancer to Superman's or any given DC franchise that has a hero from the JL Roster.