View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 05:04 PM   #564
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARMAN View Post
Why can't Cavill film JL one year and MOS sequel the next like Robert Downey Jr? I agree that the same crew may not be involved but I think it would be a huge mistake not to follow MOS with a sequel even if JL is on their schedule. What was the point of getting a billion dollar Superman franchise up and running if there only going to do one film and then do a bunch of JL films before getting back to Superman?
It's that Avengers fever I tell ya.lol

Plus, I'm definitely not one to favor having to recast several integral characters in Superman's franchise, namely Amy, Diane, or Lawrence, who are likely to be the characters that survive and could come back if a sequel was ever made. Despite my dislike for Katie, I didn't like it at all that she dropped out and Maggie then got the role since I hated that visual discontinuity.

And unlike Marvel/Iron Man, Warner Bros. seemingly has no plans to make a DC universe franchise in the long run like the MCU, let alone have a plan on how they'd go about it really.