View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 12:00 AM   #548
L3G3NDK1LLER
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Official Rate/Review Thread for TDKR (TAG SPOILERS!!!) - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain Damage View Post
The problem with that is that the filmmakers quite clearly set up how impossible it is to get in or out of Gotham. That Bruce managed to find a way into the country, fine, I'll buy that without having to see it. But when you take screentime to set up the difficulty of getting into a place, it feels awful cheap to have your protagonist magically find a way in off screen.

Maybe some will say "Well, he IS Batman".
Fine, but let's not forget that we had an entire movie in this trilogy that was dedicated to showing HOW Batman operated in great detail. TDK, while not as in depth about it, certainly maintained that notion of letting us see how Batman operates. So for TDKR to pull the "well, he IS Batman" card feels both cheap and inconsistent with the other films.
I guess thats true...but, and im not trying to start an argument here, I thought the stipulation concerning Gotham was that no one could leave. I mean clearly they let people in for supplies, as for other people like citizens one would assume that no one would want enter but would they stop them? And if Bruce could could make it back to the country, I dont feel like sneaking on to a supply truck would be that hard, or even act like a volunteer. I know a simple two minute scene could explain all this but I felt given how he has just disappeared and shown up before we dont need to see how he does it because we know he is capable.