View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 03:38 AM   #553
Brain Damage
Everything Under the Sun

Default Re: The Official Rate/Review Thread for TDKR (TAG SPOILERS!!!) - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by L3G3NDK1LLER View Post
I guess thats true...but, and im not trying to start an argument here, I thought the stipulation concerning Gotham was that no one could leave. I mean clearly they let people in for supplies, as for other people like citizens one would assume that no one would want enter but would they stop them? And if Bruce could could make it back to the country, I dont feel like sneaking on to a supply truck would be that hard, or even act like a volunteer. I know a simple two minute scene could explain all this but I felt given how he has just disappeared and shown up before we dont need to see how he does it because we know he is capable.
I'm not trying to start an argument either haha. Don't get me wrong, it certainly didn't ruin the movie for me, it wasn't even the straw that broke the camel's back, but it did pull me out of the movie and made me start wondering just how the hell he got back there. Even a fifteen second clip of a disguised Bruce sneaking on to a supply truck would have prevented that moment of being pulled out of the fictive dream. Like I said, didn't ruin the movie for me by any stretch but it is an example of a poor storytelling decision.

The only reason I can think of (other than time or just poor judgement) for not including how Bruce got back is because Nolan wanted us to have that same sense of surprise that Selina has when she hears his voice. But it's not the same because unlike Selina, we saw Bruce climb out of the pit. We knew he was alive the whole time. Furthermore, Anne's expression totally sells the shock she feels more than adequately.

Free Original Music
Brain Damage is offline   Reply With Quote