View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 06:55 AM   #826
Loganbabe
Don't want your future

Default Re: Jennifer Lawrence/Mystique. Introducing this sexy and talented actress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
she left him, yes, but she clearly showed that she cared about him, while reacting to the attack of the bullet and then getting close to him before leavin.

She wasnt a ***** on that right scene, she just took a wrong decision in the wrong moment.

It wasnt the pefect scenario for the creative team of the franchise to show Raven leaving him, but I guess it was needed sooner or later, so, it is what it is.
It was awful; the worst and most unbelievable moment in the film. You don't leave a person who has been your only family when said person has been shot, just over a disagreement. And please don't give me the "Charles let her go". Terrible writing.

I really have no idea how they'll deal with this issue. Introduce Mystique in the sequel as a character already detached from the people she cared about because "the cause" is more important? Show her transformation, and how/why it happened? It would be interesting to show the conflict from both parts - Charles trying to prevent The Brotherhood from commiting terrorist acts while he still feels related to Raven as a sister; Raven trying to set her Mystique persona and forcing herself to look at Charles as kind of an "enemy" to the cause, but still caring about him?

An interesting solution would be Mystique feeling so conflicted that she has to ask Emma to erase her mind of her memories of Charles, because otherwise she wouldn't be able to go on and serve the Brotherhood "cause". It would explain why she acted as if she had never had any kinship to him at all in later films.

James McAvoy & Patrick Stewart