View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 08:08 AM   #4
Zarex
Side-Kick

Default Re: Mark Millar bashes Amazon and Starbucks but FOX is Okay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungPrime View Post
This from the guy who sold out to the company (FOX) who ripped Marvel off during their time of need...? The company who smelled blood in the water and took advantage? Now he want's to talk about ethics????!

Ask mark how a 90/10 box office revenues split between FOX and Marvel equates to "ethical"? No then it's just business as usual right?
Marvel may have made some bad deals back in the day, but who exactly is the victim here? Marvel may have been "ripped off" back in the 90s, but these bad deals lead directly to the surge in big budget studio super-hero films. And the previous entanglements with Fox, Universal and Sony were built into the bargain price Disney paid for the company.

Personally, I have no problem with Fox maintaining the rights to the X-Men. They took an enormous risk by launching the franchise and have hit for a pretty decent average by putting out two very good films (X-Men, XMFC), one great one (X-2), and two disappointing but somewhat entertaining messes (X-3 and X-Men Origins: Wolverine). And their upcoming films look very good. Continuity is a mess, but I can't be annoyed by timeline issues when films based on true stories often make even greater changes from the source material.

I would love to see the FF reboot take place at Marvel Studios, but that is as much on Disney as it is on Fox. At the time of Marvel's sale to Disney, Fox appeared to put out "feelers" that the FF rights could be in play, and Disney has the resources to at least make a co-financing arrangement happen. The FF would fit wonderfully in the cinematic world Feige and company has created, and I would be very disappointed in both studios if a deal isn't made.

I can understand some of your frustration over the rights issues, but save at least some of your anger for Disney.

Zarex is offline   Reply With Quote