View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 12:34 PM   #140
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Default Re: Mark Millar now snubbing Marvel Disney...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungPrime View Post
I'm sure director/producers like Micheal Bay would love to here you say this. But many do not.

Let's be real here. Children have the attention span of fruit flies when all together in one room. So it's not really fair to hold an action movies ranking to a bunch of 8 year old's. This is how Hollywood in general interprets your comments. It's the reason why Resident Evil is "5" films in with no intent on ever stopping.

It's because of this that Bay welcomes scripts that circle around sex and toilet humor instead of a compelling story to complement his "Splosions".

You can argue the the villains in this flick were on the weak side but I the dialog in this film sets it apart from dumb popcorn movies like Bay's.

And the fact that Avengers out sold Bays latest film and had stronger reviews only reassures the future of "quality" action films.
I don't know why you feel the need to bring Michael Bay into this. I didn't mention him once and he wasn't even in the back of my mind. I didn't say either that the dialogue in Avengers should be removed. I don't think comic book movies need sex and toilet humour or Michael Bay-type wall-to-wall action with dumbed-down dialogue. I mentioned Spielberg because he has more of the right balance of telling a good story but once the action gets going, they are pure thrills and excitement. Much of the comic book action scenes tend to stop and start in spurts and aren't always on the level of drama or suspense of even non-comic book action thriller movies.