View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 12:49 PM   #141
Dr Tactics
Ill Brova

Default Re: Mark Millar now snubbing Marvel Disney...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
I don't know why you feel the need to bring Michael Bay into this. I didn't mention him once and he wasn't even in the back of my mind. I didn't say either that the dialogue in Avengers should be removed. I don't think comic book movies need sex and toilet humour or Michael Bay-type wall-to-wall action with dumbed-down dialogue. I mentioned Spielberg because he has more of the right balance of telling a good story but once the action gets going, they are pure thrills and excitement. Much of the comic book action scenes tend to stop and start in spurts and aren't always on the level of drama or suspense of even non-comic book action thriller movies.
He mentioned Bay because he is the opposite of Spielberg where Bay's films are the true meaning of a so called popcorn flick. YPrime is just agreeing with you from another point of view that the Avengers actually had a actual storyline and wasn't just fights and effects and was more Spielberg like than Bay like as a film.

Popcorn flick term is so dumb though. I ate my popcorn while watching Django Unchained. Does that make that a popcorn flick too??

I'm done with Millar and anything he says..

Dr Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote