View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 02:44 PM   #143
YoungPrime
Banned User

Default Re: Mark Millar now snubbing Marvel Disney...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
I don't know why you feel the need to bring Michael Bay into this. I didn't mention him once and he wasn't even in the back of my mind. I didn't say either that the dialogue in Avengers should be removed. I don't think comic book movies need sex and toilet humour or Michael Bay-type wall-to-wall action with dumbed-down dialogue. I mentioned Spielberg because he has more of the right balance of telling a good story but once the action gets going, they are pure thrills and excitement. Much of the comic book action scenes tend to stop and start in spurts and aren't always on the level of drama or suspense of even non-comic book action thriller movies.
Thank you Doctor...But I've got this one.

I swear the animosity in here is so thick that people close their minds to even the simplest explanations.

Micheal Bay was initially mention as an example of what a "popcorn flick" is in my very first post thus creating this thread. So if you are questioning what his relevance is them perhaps they should read it again.

And even if you're against Bay the fact that you mentioned children watching a live action movie still doesn't justify much considering that even Saturday morning cartoons on major networks are extinct.

So with the exception of maybe a handful of shows. The fact is that children these days are not going to sit still in front of a television unless there's a joystick in their hands.

BTW I haven't seen Warhorse or Lincoln yet but as far as action movies go even Spielberg has come across problems recently.

India Jone: Crystal Skull, War of the Worlds and Minority report were all disappointments from a GA and Hollywood prospective.

True or not?

YoungPrime is offline   Reply With Quote