View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 02:10 AM   #978
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueserenity View Post
According to this http://blogs.coventrytelegraph.net/t...games-seq.html, Jen Lawrence doesn't know anything about DOFP (apparently there is an interview floating around from GG or just before where she didn't even know XMFC2 was going to be DOFP-- this interview is on MTV.com though so I can't see it and confirm).
As far as I can tell, Jennifer is not saying that she doesn't know whether she'll be in the movie. She is simply saying that she doesn't know the details of the plot yet. Given that everyone's been quite tight-lipped about the plot, I can imagine it being on a need-to-know basis even for the major cast.

Speaking of the plot, I chanced upon the quote again from that pic of the cover of the script, “As new species are formed through natural evolution, others will become rarer and rarer, and finally extinct. The forms which stand in closest competition with those undergoing modification and improvement will naturally suffer most.” I wonder if it's of any importance to the plot at all, because it seems to strongly suggest that it's the humans' future that looks pear-shaped, rather than the mutants'. Could it be somehow about those "very new things" Singer talked about in an interview from a while ago?

Last edited by Mrs Vimes; 01-16-2013 at 02:26 AM.