View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 11:28 AM   #19
BatmanBeyond
Future Dark Knight

Default Re: Your favourite TDKR scenes that you watch over and over again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyCage View Post
You're right, 'generic' was the wrong word. I think it was, rather, too obvious. Like we should have been able to read all that just from seeing the determination in Batman's face. We had all the context already.

It didn't need to be said, just like 'So that's how that feels' didn't need to be said - well, maybe less so than that example.

In short: Silence can sometimes be more powerful and emotive than a one-liner.

The movie, for me, had a recurring problem with over-explaining the wrong things while not better explaining other things that needed it.
The bolded part is what it essentially boils down to. I don't really have a problem with the line, but the truth is, it's way too captain obivous-esque. Take, for example, Batman's comeback in BB when he arrives to stop Ra's after he's activated the micro-emitter: "It ends here" is perhaps just as simple, but sounds way more badass.

I think that particular Batman/Bane scene would've been so much better had Batman glided down from the Bat and kicked Bane out of nowhere. Would've been a great shot/sequence, me thinks.

Cracked.com's Bat Battle: http://www.cracked.com/article_15029...ie-batman.html
BatmanBeyond is offline   Reply With Quote