View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 12:13 PM   #451
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Default Re: Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle/Catwoman XXXIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
Not to mention she's 80 friggin years old and probably not as obsessed with nolan films as some on here.

Also, all this "they don't understand the characters they played" comments are comical. Adam West's Batman is STILL then most comic accurate portrayal of the character, and people would know that if they read a Batman comic before Frank Miller started writing it. Adam West's Batman was the Silver Age Batman to a T. Ward, Newmar, Meredith, Gorshin, and Romero did excellent jobs in their respective roles as well. Just because they're not gushing about whatever post 1985 Batman comic they read does not mean they didnt understand the characters they played, and their performances are obvious proof of that.
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Adam Wests is still the most comic accurate portrayal of the character? Yeak ok....
Yeah, he is. Even BTAS made more radical changes. Who is Andrea Beaumont, the first true love of Bruce Wayne? Joker was a member of the Sal Valestra mob? Harvey Dent and Bruce Wayne were best buds? etc.

The 1960's show was accurate in just about every way to the era it represented.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfeiffer-Pfan View Post
Bob Kane wasn't insulted when the show was on the air and he was raking in the money...

In fact I wouldn't listen to Bob Kane about most things.
Exactly. Bob Kane was nothing but a plagiarist who stole all of Bill Finger's creative credit.

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote