View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 01:56 PM   #453
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Default Re: Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle/Catwoman XXXIV

I think the issue here is that while the 60s show was a spot-on representation of a particular era of Batman, most fans wouldn't call it definitive by any stretch. And "most comic-accurate" has a bit of a connotation of "definitive" on here. The vast majority of fans prefer Batman to be a creature of the night. It's what makes sense for the character given his pulpy influences like The Shadow, it fits with the original idea behind his creation as a darker counterpoint to Superman, and it's in keeping with a man deciding to adopt the mantle of a nocturnal animal. There's a lot of room to play around there if you stay within that general realm, as Burton, BTAS and Nolan have shown.

Things like the Silver Age comics, the 60s show and Batman: Brave and the Bold show that you can do a 180 from that and still have something entertaining. Part of what makes Batman such a modern icon is how you're introduced to him at such a young age and everyone grows up with their own conception of what Batman is.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158

Last edited by BatLobsterRises; 01-16-2013 at 02:02 PM.
BatLobsterRises is online now   Reply With Quote