View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 07:39 PM   #19
blueserenity
Side-Kick

Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 2

I never said McAvoy has NO star power. He does. But JL and MF have more. That's just the facts. And I say this as someone whose very very short list of favorite actors includes McAvoy. He's brilliant. But he's not getting half as much media attention as JL and MF. Which, I reiterate, is his personal choice.

People raise a good point about stars not necessarily being the main draw, especially for blockbuster movies. I agree to an extent. A cast full of entire unknowns is not going to do as well as one with big names, because we associate a certain amount of "quality" when we see names we recognize. And I'm sure a lot of people who couldn't care less about lotr turned up for the hobbit because of Martin Freeman. But I think DOFP will need one thing to bring people in: the promise of the FC characters returning. And hat I think, outweighs the desire to see the old cast. I've made my own opinion on the return of the old class clear, but I am far from alone. My coworkers, friends, and clients are much more excited about the MF/JM/JL reunion than the old trilogy folk making appearances. The x trilogy had a great run, but general audiences have very short memories.

As for Berry, not sure people are clamoring form her return... it may be her most recognizable role on paper but her performance was pretty bland and inconsistent...