View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 07:35 PM   #2
spidermanJLA!~
SUPERHERO

Default Re: Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer (2007)

First off, the film was corny, not Captain America good corny, but just bad dialogue. The film's way of portraying a "Fantastic" family in modern times was alright, but there is some pretty weird writing throughout.
My pros:
Silver Surfer was awesome and I loved Lawrence Fishbourne in the deep, intelligent voice.
Special effects: Not perfect but it did look like F4 imo. And I for one was a fan of Thing's rock suit.
Potential: This film could honestly make a few sequels. It left with a cliffhanger.
Relationships/actors(Except Alba, no sexism intended): I liked the characters and how they were portrayed(personality wise)
Music
Costumes
MY GRIPES:
Sue got naked again?!!!!
They made some stupid decisions in this one and were just lost at times. Johnny didn't know what to do with all the girls/money. Reed and Sue wanted a family and all that. They all broke apart as a family too many times. The Thing was the best character in the film, imo.
Galactus: Don't make him a cloud. I understand it's more "understandable" to have a giant tornado devour a planet, but come on! Have a giant energy ship or something!
Corniness:I love corny movies for one, but this was too far. "I was in my room studying like a little nerd." "I'm so hot for you right now." Oh goodness....
Jessica Alba was too young for Sue and she got naked again?!!!
General Hager was a jerk.
I didn't like how the "fame" of the F4 was portrayed. Could we see one Bank Robbery or something?!
Doom had nothing to do.
Etc., but the F4 films still have a place in my heart.

spidermanJLA!~ is offline   Reply With Quote