View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 02:50 PM   #793
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
Yeah it's why I'm just getting accustomed to the fact that they are going with the Jor-El prophecy/destiny thing. And also that Justice League is gonna tie into it. Just trying to get comfortable with it all now. Even though it's the wrong decisions to me.

Those fans sure got a good long time to accept that the red trunks are gone.
I can definitely see your point. lol And I agree with the JL not being right for MOS' legacy that I'm wishing for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
I wish I had the will power, I really do.

I was so bad throughout Smallville for spoilers and then dissecting episodes after that I think at some point I sort of forgot to just enjoy the show! I would watch episodes and literally be taking notes on what I was gonna bring up on the forums

I really do want MOS to be a completely immersive experiance that shuts my brain up and just has me on cloud 9.

But I know there are already certain things I already have in my head that will have me thinking of you guys and our discussions if they happen in the film (I.e. If Supes kills Zod somehow, I know my mind will go straight to how much I'm gonna moan about it on here)

It's just the curse of fandom, especially internet discussion forum fandom.

Yeah I agree with this too. Silly example, but I know if I'd walked in not knowing what Amy's hair colour was and had time to let that niggle go, it might have bugged me.

Obviously there may be bigger and much worthier examples of that as we get closer to the release.
That had me literally laughing out loud. But I understand. It's hard to be as disciplined as I need to be to really go in as green and ignorant as I plan to. Especially for a movie I feel like I might have been waiting on for over 30 years. But I am determined.

For instance I have no idea what discussions have gone on about Zod and ideas of his demise. As soon as I saw that convo starting I clicked out of the forum. I've been doing pretty good so far.

Another example is when that description came out for Trailer 2 I didn't read a single line until after I saw it. Just incase it was legit and would spoil it for me. Thank goodness I stuck to my guns because it was scene for scene. I absolutely loved it because I didn't have any preconceived notions or judgements. I know if I didn't watch the fuzzy Comic Con footage I would have loved it even more.

I mean I love reading and jumping in on speculation but I find it that it's more fun for me when I finally see the movie if I don't go too deep.

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow