View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 05:05 PM   #799
Krumm
Beer Snob

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
I really really wish I hadn't seen the trailer description. When I first read it, I actually thought it sounded okay and pretty plausible, and I liked the Martha/Clark exchange immediately... but then I got caught up in the whole 'there's no way they would not show krypton, there's no way they would have no real action scenes etc etc' and started treating it as false and getting my hopes up for some other ideal version of a first trailer.

So yeah, I have to admit, the second the trailer started I got a sense of anti climax. It's only on repeat viewings that I started to realise how beautiful it is, and what a smart decision the tone of it was.

I definitely want to avoid anything like that happening again, so yeah i'll be avoiding all 'descriptions', fake or not, of any trailers or scenes from the movie.

I think you're taking the right approach, and i'm gonna try and do the same from now on. Just dipping your feet into the water, not taking a swim in the ocean and getting lost at sea
Yeah, I definitely stop reading posts the second I feel a specific detail coming on. It works most of the time but every now and then I get an unfortunately nugget.