View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 06:27 PM   #92
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Default Re: What people DIDN'T like from The Avenger ........Spoilers - Part 2

Thor is capable of doing a lot of things that would provide both a visual spectacle as well as some bad ass and memorable moments, and I really felt like he got the short end of the stick when it came to how much he was shown (allowed) to do in the final battle, especially when you consider the fact that this is the only other guy in the team that can actually fly as well.

And as I’ve said it before many times, I really felt like Marvel was putting a leash in terms of the casualty levels shown in the film.

They could imply it with montages of news reports, but ultimately, you never really saw people dying or even being dead from the invasion, which really lessened the tension and the stakes for me during the final battle.

Too many people got the better hand in a confrontation with Loki in this film, which didn’t help him in my honest opinion. It seems like he was only presented in being superior to human beings, regardless if they had been infused with the super soldier formula.

And I really thought that the whole Hellcarrier raid sequences were tamed; no intensity present in that sequence period.

herolee10 is online now   Reply With Quote