View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 06:55 AM   #52
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
I wouldn't discount Halle Berry in terms of lacking star power. The fact is, she hasn't been visible due to raising her daughter and dealing with ex bf/current bf crap, moving to Europe and her upcoming wedding. I don't think filming has been on her list of high priorities, she's a millionaire and clearly doesn't need to work for more money. When actors and actresses take breaks and start doing little indie films like she's been filming lately, they are doing it to keep themselves "sharp" in the field, but not necessarily for prestige. If Halle really applied herself I could see her making a major comeback.

But I think putting her in this film, as the lead actress of the first 3 X-Men films (especially X2 and X3), would rank well with moviegoers...even if it does fill the fans with angst. LOL
Although she is unlikely to be the lead actress again this time with Jennifer Lawrence now in the spotlight. So she probably couldn't get her way again and demand more screen time. The only problem with Lawrence is that, unlike Storm, Mystique can't really ever be that big of a character and have an integral, or even heroic role in the movie unless they change things around. But if they do, then she can't become the character that Rebecca Romijn was in the original trilogy. Speaking of which, I wonder if Rebecca is coming back.

Nominate your favourite Movie theme of all time for the upcoming tournament: http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=469413